Home and Business Removal Packing Tips
Here are a few tips on the best way to go about packing your home or business:
- To make sure your boxes are nice & sturdy, cross fold the bottom of the box before taping.
- Distribute heavy items evenly so that no one box is too heavy. For example, when packing china and glassware, only half fill the box and then pad the rest of the box out with blankets / jackets / towels.
- Label your boxes: List the items and the room in which they are to be moved to i.e. “Kitchen:Crockery”. If boxes are heavy or fragile, make sure this is also clearly labelled
- Always fill up boxes to the top as they will be stacked whilst in transit
- Prior to packing, tighten all lids of jars and screw tops of bottles.
- If moving plants, wrapping them in newspaper can protect them from draughts and stops the leaves from being bruised
- The contents of your chest of drawers do not need to be emptied as these can be transported as they are
- Place all important documentation in a folder and separate from your household goods so you can carry these with you when you travel.
If you require further help in planning your removal needs then call us on 01273 455749 or contact us here – Contact Form